1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intranasal 810nm IR QEEG response

Discussion in 'Neurofeedback Results' started by Marvin H. Berman PhD, Nov 25, 2015.

1. The file I'm uploading is the comparison we did of several normal subjects who completed a continuous performance test, then a Quantitative EEG, then sat for a 25 minute intranasal 810nm IR session followed by a QEEG and the continuous performance test.

The results were quite impressive in terms of normalization of frontal EEG amplitudes and coherence (correlation between specific brain regions).

2. Rick

Rick New Member

Hi Marvin,
    I don't see the attachment? How do I retrieve the file you uploaded?
    Best,
    Rick

ChrisH likes this.
  3. Dominic

Dominic Administrator Vielight Team

4. ChrisH

ChrisH New Member

OK, thanks--have retrieved those results, but can someone point me towards an explanation of what those results mean, one that I as an intelligent (I think) but not scientifically trained reader can understand? I would particularly appreciate any comments on the possible relationship between these coloured patches and straight connecting lines with the data on the brain hub interconnections that underlie the choice of capsule placement in the Neuro? There have been a couple of interesting recent essays on brain connectivity issues in ME/CFS (my disease) and I am trying to put this info together.... though one fact I have noted--there are clear signs of reduced blood flow in frontal areas of the brain in ME, and wonder if there is any chance that Lew Lim will follow the suggestion he makes somewhere, I think, on the Mediclights site, that he can imagine designing several models of the Neuro, each aimed at a specific condition? Sounds like a great idea to me!
    Chris

5. Dominic

Dominic Administrator Vielight Team

Hi Chris,

The green areas represent "normal" brain activity derived from mean readings from a massive database. So.. if you deviate from green, that signifies that your brain has activity that differs from the norm. Neurofeedback tries to normalize these readings to become green areas - it's very similar to neuroplasticity - where you try to train your brain actively but instead, we're trying to offer a passive solution.

http://bigthink.com/think-tank/brain-exercise

Dom

6. rehabtechguy

rehabtechguy New Member

Dr. Berman,
    It seems that it would be a good idea to get a baseline QEEG if someone wants to begin the Neuro for potential cognitive issues, in order to help see the areas of potential improvement and track actual benefits. I'm not very familiar with where someone could go to have the QEEG done, and if it might be paid for via insurance for someone with cognitive decline. I've had a friend as me about this, and it seems like a valid thing to do, but I don't know how to direct them. We are in the Atlanta and Athens, GA areas.
    Thank you,
    Barry