- What is near infrared (NIR) light?
Near infrared light is electromagnetic radiation (700-1400 nm) within the electromagnetic spectrum. It is mostly invisible to the naked eye.
- Do the units come with instructions?
Yes, there is a manual provided within the packaging. Also, there are visual instructions available through this link – Link
- What conditions do the intranasal devices help with?
Call us at 1-855-875-6481 to find out more.
- How soon can I see improvements?
This varies on an individual basis. Some users have reported changes within a week, however, some have taken much longer to notice improvements in their general wellness.
- I am going to share my device with other people. Can I cover the applicator with a plastic cap or other materials?
No, this would reduce the coherency of the light source and will reduce its effectiveness.
- Will the intranasal devices interfere with my pacemaker?
To date, there are no reported incidences of interference with pacemakers.
- I have cancer. Can I use Vielight intranasal devices?
Yes, you can. Intranasal blood irradiation is potentially beneficial to the auto-immune system via boosting mitochondrial function of white blood cells. No contraindications with photobiomodulation have been found after decades of research.
- Can I carry and use Vielight devices on a plane?
Yes, you can.
- Can I use Vielight devices on my pets?
Yes, you can. The Pocket Miracle (www.pocketmiracle.com) works best for external applications.
- Where are Vielight devices made?
Components come from different parts of the world. They are assembled in the USA and Canada.
- What happens if I see no results?
In the rare circumstance that you do not see any results – we offer a 6-month satisfaction guarantee for an 80% refund of the purchase price. You should contact the place you bought it from to process this refund.
- How long does each session last?
The Vielight intranasal units are auto-timed for 25 minutes, while the Neuro is timed for 20 minutes.
- Is precise placement of the diodes important?
In regards to the Neuro headset, not really. As long as they are within the general guidelines.
We would, however, recommend inserting the intranasal applicator probe as deeply as possible to minimize the distance between the intranasal cavity and the brain or capillaries.
- How often should I use my Vielight devices?
We recommend using the intranasal units twice every day, once in the morning and once at night.
However, we recommend using the Vielight Neuros once per day.
- Can I use a different device in each nostril at the same time?
Yes, you can. The Vielight 633/655 in one nostril and Vielight 810 in the other to target both systems. This is because electromagnetic radiation of different wavelengths does not mix.
- Does it matter which nostril I use?
It does not matter which nostril is used. However, users with sinus issues and/or eye issues may interchange nostrils to target both sinuses, optic nerves and both eyeballs.
- Can children use this?
Yes. However, cut time interval down to 5-10 minutes as a start then gradually extend the time. If headaches occur, reduce the time frame back down.
- Can I share a unit with my partner/spouse?
Yes, you can. It is recommended that you clean the nasal applicator with a swab of alcohol between each consequent use. If you are not comfortable with sharing, you can always purchase a separate nose applicator.
- What other applications do Vielight devices have?
Some users have used our intranasal devices to address gum infections by placing the diode next to the infected area in their mouth. However, the most effective area would be intranasal area because it is rich with blood capillaries along with its proximity to the brain.
- What is the difference between the Vielight 810 and the Neuro?
– The Vielight 810 is a near infrared (NIR) intranasal-only device that was engineered for everyday use.
– The Neuro was designed to deliver a more comprehensive treatment. It is an infrared transcranial headset combined with an intranasal Neuro applicator. It has a significantly higher power density than the Vielight 810. Its recommended usage is once every two or three days.
- What’s the difference between the Vielight 655 and Vielight 633?
The Vielight 655 utilizes a low level laser diode while the Vielight 633 utilizes a LED. Lasers have a longer research history than LEDs. However, the usage of LEDs is gaining popularity in the field of photobiomodulation.
- I have a Vielight 810 but I want the Neuro. What can I do?
Use the Vielight 810 on the days that you do not use the Neuro.
- What benefits do you get by buying a Neuro and not the Vielight 810?
– The Neuro covers a larger area of the brain through the transcranial diodes and the intranasal applicator. It has been designed to irradiate the “default mode network” of the brain.
– The Neuro is better for people suffering from traumatic brain injury and neurodegenerative conditions. The 810 was designed for casual use.
- Which of the 3 intranasal units is the best?
No unit is the best. Pick the model that best suits what you are trying to address. The Vielight 633/655 emphasize the body, the immune system and cardiovascular issues. The Vielight 810 and the Neuro emphasize the brain.
- I do not see any light at the 810 nose applicator. Is this normal?
Light at 810nm is near invisible. Sometimes people mistakenly think the applicator is faulty as the light can appear to be dimming or even invisible when viewed at certain angles. However, the power density is deceptively stronger than what it appears to be.
- My device is faulty. Where can I send it for repairs or replacement?
First, give us a call at 1-855-875-6841 and we will trouble shoot the problem with you. If your device is faulty, return it to your supplier or return it to us, if it was purchased directly from us. If it is still under our one-year warranty, we will replace it.
- I have been using my intranasal for some time. Now there is no light at the applicator. What is wrong?
There are two reasons why your applicator has not light.
– The first reason is the device is switched on without the applicator. To rectify this, switch the power off, attach the cable to the control unit and then switch the power on again.
– If there is still no light, check for a persistent green light at APP Fault. If there is a green light there, the applicator is faulty. The applicator will be replaced by your supplier if it is still under warranty. Otherwise they can be purchased from www.vielight.com
- How long do the diodes last?
Our intranasal diodes are built from transparent high impact polycarbonate. They are built to last for years and are covered by a year-long manufacturer’s warranty.
- What batteries do your devices use?
– The 633, 655 and 810 Vielight devices use 1.5 V AA batteries
– The Neuro is rechargeable (charging unit is provided)
- Do Vielight devices have Health Canada approval?
No, at present. Heath Canada has permitted us to market our devices on the condition that we do not make any medical claims until our upcoming (Fall 2017) FDA-approved clinical trial on Alzheimer’s disease has concluded. All Vielight devices have been independently TÜV certified as safe for consumer use.
- Do Vielight devices have FDA approval?
No, at present. The FDA have categorized our devices as low-risk general wellness devices in accordance to the FDA’s draft on “General Wellness: Policy on Low Risk Devices” – dated January 20, 2015. All Vielight devices have been independently TÜV certified as safe for consumer use.
- Are these covered by medical insurance?
No, they are not unless your insurance plan covers wellness devices.
We will also replace the product if there are any defects, covered by a 12-month warranty.
Please note that we do not refund intranasal applicators purchased as separate items.
They have been evaluated by the FDA and Health Canada as low-risk general wellness devices. We are currently in the process of verifying the efficacy of our research-grade devices with several universities and government research bodies through a large scale clinical trial. Hence, we do not make claims for long-term cures.