THE FUTURE OF BRAIN PHOTOBIOMODULATION
Say hello to two powerful, wearable devices at the forefront of brain photobiomodulation.
The Vielight Neuro Alpha and Vielight Neuro Gamma feature improved transcranial clusters over the previous Neuro design – leading to triple the power density.
The 40 Hz pulse rate is an experimental pulse rate that has shown great promise in the field of memory research.
Photobiomodulation of the cerebral cortex
Rechargeable, controls the pulse rate and power.
Photobiomodulation of the ventral brain areas
Each cluster contains a LED power-boosting microchip
High-powered LED Diode
Each diode generates an optimized power density
Microchip LED technology
Allows us to extract one of the highest power densities in the world from a diode of this size.
Durable and impact proof
Vielight Neuro Information
The Vielight Neuro Alpha and Gamma are pioneering devices in the upcoming field of brain photobiomodulation, engineered with microchip LED technology.
Their design is based on the science of photobiomodulation, the utilization of low level photonic energy to stimulate mitochondrial function in neurons.
They are engineered to emit pulsed (10 Hz | 40 Hz) NIR light energy to the hubs of the default mode network (DMN) of the brain with embedded microchip technology light emitting diodes (LEDs).
The main objective is improved mental acuity and cognition without negative side effects.
Design of the Vielight Neuro
Default Mode Network
Figure 1 : The Default Mode Network.
- In neuroscience, the Default Mode Network (DMN) is a network of highly interactive brain regions.
- Research on DMN abnormalities and related neuropathologies are highly advanced.
Figure 2 : Targeted Photoneuromodulation
- Targeting the DMN enables us to utilize fewer but very high-powered diodes in specific transcranial areas and an intranasal diode (5 areas in total) to deliver low level photons to the targeted network hubs.
- Our microchip LED technology allows extraction of a higher power density – sufficient to penetrate natural barriers and deliver photons to neurons.
The Intranasal Channel
Figure 3 : The Intranasal Gateway To The Brain
- The intranasal channel is the most efficient channel to deliver photons to the deep ventral area, which holds core brain structures. (Reference Link )
- Photons diffuse easily through porous bone tissue when compared to natural barriers such as the skin and hair.
Figure 4 : Next-Generation Brain Technology
- Our objective was to turn research-grade photobiomodulation devices into something simple, effective and affordable.
- The Vielight Neuro is a next-generation photobiomodulation device, improving on the design, efficiency and power of older devices.
- An example photobiomodulation helmet (of older design) used by the Veterans Affairs of America : (Link)
The science of brain photobiomodulation is catching on.
Our intranasal technology was featured on the “Brain’s Way of Healing” episode on the “The Nature of Things” series, featuring Dr. David Suzuki and Dr. Norman Doidge.
Watch the episode here : [ Link ]
David Suzuki, Co-Founder of the David Suzuki Foundation, is an award-winning scientist, environmentalist and broadcaster. He is renowned for his radio and television programs that explain the complexities of the natural sciences in a compelling, easily understood way.
Dr. Doidge served as Head of the Psychotherapy Centre and the Assessment Clinic at the Clarke Institute of Psychiatry also taught in the department of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto. Along with his work on neuroplasticity, he is the author of chapters on research based standards and guidelines for the practice of intensive psychotherapy that have been used in Canada.