- The beginning of blood irradiation therapy began when scientists in Russia, Germany and China researched the effects of light energy of specific wavelengths and power density on blood, in everyday people and athletes.
- They discovered that light energy has positive modulating effects on red blood cells, optimizing their cellular structure and oxygenation capacity.
- Additionally, photobiomodulation may stimulate mitochondria within white blood cells, potentially leading to an enhanced immune system.
- Electromagnetic radiation within the 633-655nm wavelength is ideal for blood photobiomodulation, due to the higher degree of scattering and absorption by blood and water and energy density.
- In recent years, the ability of mammalian mitochondria to capture photonic energy and produce ATP has been studied. Research link : [ Link ]
Note : Each photon contains a certain amount of energy. The different types of radiation are defined by the the amount of energy contained in the photons. Red photons are ideal due to their relatively lower energy density and higher absorption coefficient. On the other hand, blue photons contain sufficient energy to kill bacteria and activate photosensitizers – while, UV photons have the ability to destroy and alter DNA cellular structure upon prolonged exposure.
Vielight Lifestyle Edge
Stimulate your inner systems
• Complement your general wellness or athletic performance naturally with the Vielight technology
• Improved erythrocyte structure augments the oxygenation capacity of your circulatory system
• Engineered to be lightweight, shockproof and wearable, suitable for the rigours of everyday life and sport.
- Light-harvesting chlorophyll pigments enable mammalian mitochondria to capture photonic energy and produce ATP
Columbia University Medical Center, New York : [ Link ]
- How Photons Modulate Wound Healing via the Immune System
King’s College London (KCL), University of London : [ Link ]
- Blood Laser Irradiation : current state and future perspectives
ABER Institute, Helsinki, Finland : [ Link ]
- Intravenous Laser Blood Irradiation
MH Weber : [ Link ]
- Applications of Intranasal Low Intensity Laser Therapy In Sports Medicine
Journal of Innovative Optical Health Sciences, World Scientific : [ Link ]
- Double-Blind Study of Intranasal Low-Intensity Laser Therapy on Vascular Diseases
International Journal of Photoenergy : [ Link ]
- Formation of gigantic mitochondria in human blood lymphocytes under the effect of a low level laser source
Institute on Laser and Informatic Technologies of Russian Acad. : [ Link ]
- Irradiation with He-Ne laser increases ATP level in cells cultivated in vitro
National Research Centre of the Academy of Medicine and Science : [ Link ]
The Vielight 633
The Vielight 655