- What is near infrared (NIR) light?
Near infrared light is electromagnetic radiation (700-1400 nm) within the electromagnetic spectrum. It is mostly invisible to the naked eye, even if emitted with a high power density.
- Do the units come with instructions?
Yes, there is a manual provided within the packaging. Also, there are visual instructions available through these video links.
- What conditions do the intranasal devices help with?
Please note that we recognize our devices as still experimental and while the data from our pilot study in collaboration with researchers from Harvard Medical School and Boston University School of Medicine was statistically significant, we do not claim anything beyond a theoretical perspective. We’re currently conducting clinical trials with research authorities to improve on the efficacy of our devices (such as Baycrest Hospital, St Michael’s Hospital and the Veterans Affairs of the United States).
- How soon can I see improvements?
This varies on an individual basis. Some users have reported changes within a week, however, some have taken much longer to notice improvements in their general wellness.
- I am going to share my device with other people. Can I cover the applicator with a plastic cap or other materials?
No, this would reduce the coherency of the light source and will reduce its effectiveness.
- Will the intranasal devices interfere with my pacemaker?
To date, there are no reported incidences of interference with pacemakers.
- Can I carry and use Vielight devices on a plane?
Yes, you can.
- Can I use Vielight devices on my pets?
Yes, you can. The Pocket Miracle (www.pocketmiracle.com) works best for external applications.
- Where are Vielight devices made?
Components come from different parts of the world. They are assembled in the USA and Canada.
- What happens if I see no results?
In the rare circumstance that you do not see any results – we offer a 6-month satisfaction guarantee for an 80% refund of the purchase price. You should contact the place you bought it from to process this refund.
PLEASE NOTE: As of 1st March 2017 – our customer support, satisfaction guarantee and product warranty will not apply to devices sold through unauthorized channels, such as Amazon and eBay.
- How long does each session last?
The Vielight intranasal units are auto-timed for 25 minutes, while the Neuro is timed for 20 minutes.
- How often should I use my Vielight devices?
We recommend using the Vielight standalone intranasal units twice every day, once in the morning and once at night.
The Neuro Alpha/Gamma’s recommended usage is once per day, based on the protocol of our latest clinical trials – Link.
- Can I use a different device in each nostril at the same time?
Yes, you can. The Vielight 633/655 in one nostril and Vielight 810 in the other to target both systems. This is because electromagnetic radiation of different wavelengths does not mix.
As an example, a research department in the Veterans Affairs uses both devices at the same time –Link
- Does it matter which nostril I use?
It does not matter which nostril is used. However, users with sinus issues and/or eye issues may interchange nostrils to target both sinuses, optic nerves and both eyeballs.
- Can children use this?
Yes. However, cut time interval down to 5-10 minutes as a start then gradually extend the time. If headaches occur, reduce the time frame back down.
- Can I share a unit with my partner/spouse?
Yes, you can. It is recommended that you clean the nasal applicator with a swab of alcohol between each consequent use. If you are not comfortable with sharing, you can always purchase a separate nose applicator.
- What is the difference between the Vielight 810 and the Neuro Alpha/Gamma?
– The Vielight 810 is a near infrared (NIR) intranasal-only device that was engineered for everyday use.
– The Neuro Alpha/Gamma were designed to deliver more powerful and comprehensive stimulation. It utilizes an infrared transcranial headset combined with an intranasal Neuro applicator. It has a significantly higher power density than the Vielight 810. Its recommended usage is once per day, based on the protocol of our latest clinical trials – Link.
- What is the difference between the Neuro Alpha and Neuro Gamma?
The 10 Alpha Hz model is what we have clinical data with in our pilot study – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5568598/
However, the 40 Hz Gamma model is what we’re using in our latest clinical trials – https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03328195?term=Vielight&recrs=ab&rank=1 / https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03160027
Please note that the technologies are still being studied in clinical trials are not approved by any national regulatory body for the treatment of specific medical conditions.
- What’s the difference between the Vielight 655 and Vielight 633?
The Vielight 655 utilizes a low level laser diode while the Vielight 633 utilizes a LED. Lasers have a longer research history than LEDs. However, the usage of LEDs is gaining popularity in the field of photobiomodulation.
- I have a Vielight 810 but I want the Neuro. What can I do?
You could use the Vielight 810 with an eight hour interval before or after the use of the Neuro Alpha/Gamma. For example, if you use the Neuro Alpha/Gamma in the morning, you could use the 810 in the evening – or vice versa.
- Which of the 3 intranasal units is the best?
No unit is the best. Pick the model that best suits what you are trying to address. The Vielight 633/655 emphasize the body, the immune system and cardiovascular issues. The Vielight 810 and the Neuro Alpha/Gamma emphasize the brain.
- I do not see any light at the 810 nose applicator. Is this normal?
Light at 810nm is near invisible. Sometimes people mistakenly think the applicator is faulty as the light can appear to be dimming or even invisible when viewed at certain angles. However, the power density is deceptively stronger than what it appears to be.
- My device is faulty. Where can I send it for repairs or replacement?
First, give us a call at 1-877-355-8012 (North America) or 1-647-865-2803 (International) and we will trouble shoot the problem with you. If your device is faulty, return it to your supplier or return it to us, if it was purchased directly from us. If it is still under our one-year warranty, we will replace it.
- I have been using my intranasal for some time. Now there is no light at the applicator. What is wrong?
There are two reasons why your applicator has not light.
– The first reason is the device is switched on without the applicator. To rectify this, switch the power off, attach the cable to the control unit and then switch the power on again.
– If there is still no light, check for a persistent green light at APP Fault. If there is a green light there, the applicator is faulty. The applicator will be replaced by your supplier if it is still under warranty. Otherwise they can be purchased from www.vielight.com
- How long do the diodes last?
Our intranasal diodes are built from transparent high impact polycarbonate. They are built to last for years and are covered by a year-long manufacturer’s warranty.
- What batteries do your devices use?
– The 633, 655 and 810 Vielight devices use 1.5 V AA batteries
– The Neuro is rechargeable (charging unit is provided)
- Do Vielight devices have Health Canada approval?
No, our devices are not yet approved to treat any medical conditions and are only marketed as general wellness devices. All Vielight devices have been independently TÜV certified as safe for consumer use.
- Do Vielight devices have FDA approval?
No, at present. The FDA have categorized our devices as low-risk general wellness devices in accordance to the FDA’s draft on “General Wellness: Policy on Low Risk Devices” – dated January 20, 2015. All Vielight devices have been independently TÜV certified as safe for consumer use.
- Are these covered by medical insurance?
No, they are not unless your insurance plan covers wellness devices.
- What payment methods do you accept?
For now, we accept only Visa, MasterCard and Paypal.
- What are your international shipping fees?
Our international shipping fees are standardized, except for South America and India. While every effort is done to minimize shipping costs, we advise that you contact our international number 1-647-865-2803 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out the specific fees if you live in South America or India.
- Do I have to pay additional customs duties on the products?
This will depend on the law and regulations of the country you live in. If you’re based outside of North America, China or Australia, yes. However, we do take measures to help our customers.
- Do you have a partnership program for Vielight?
Vielight is always exploring potential partnerships. We have two exciting initiatives for partnership – Reseller and Introducer programs – on a non-exclusive basis.
Find out if you qualify for any of these programs by calling us on our helpline (North America 1-977-355-8012 or International 1-647-865-2803) or sending us an email at email@example.com. Be a part of the Vielight family.